Monday, November 08, 2010

For those of you lucky enough to attend, yesterday Kris Dreissen from the Quiltbug (quilt shop in Esperence, NY) came and led a workshop on a Christmas table topper. 21 ladies attended and we all had a great time! Kris was a very patient and kind teacher running around our somewhat crowded tables to answer everyone's questions and I don't think anyone got ignored. She was generous with praise and help both. I hope she had as good a time as all of us did. I can't wait to see the show and tell when everyone finishes their pieces! Most of the ladies used Christmas fabrics. A couple of ladies have more summery fabrics. And Linda O'C, the quilt artist, is using a mixture of interesting fabrics. I can't wait to see hers finished! It probably won't look like anyone elses! That's the great thing about quilts though--they can look totally different depending on the fabrics used and the placement of lights and darks. Kris also passed out discount coupons good for the week so I hope some of you will make a trip to her shop. If you plan on making more of the table toppers it would be nice to have the flying geese ruler she let us use yesterday. I'll show you now the pictures from the workshop then I'll have to show pictures of the finished projects as they come in!

No comments: