Tuesday, January 24, 2012

21 ladies attended today and what a surprise for me--they presented me with an absolutely gorgeous quilt!! Made from wild colors and patterns just like I like!! Daryl even called the Altamont Enterprise to come take pictures! Apparently they've been plotting behind my back, meeting in the bathroom to hand out fabric. What a sneaky bunch of women! And I never caught on! Some detective I'd make! Needless to say, I am overwhelmed. Tuesday afternoon is my fun time at work, getting to play with fabrics, etc. and getting to talk to and get to know so many wonderful women. It's been a real joy for me. Plus, I've learned a lot about needlework and life from all of them. This group holds a special place in my heart, and I expect in many of their hearts as well. We have definitely become a close knit group which is surprising since our numbers seem to grow over time. New people are welcomed and just seem to fit right in almost immediately. What a group! You couldn't ask for a better one and I am pleased and proud that it is my group. Thank you so much all of you for the beautiful quilt and most of all for your friendship!

No comments: