Tuesday, March 04, 2008

14 ladies today. Today I showed the ladies how to make bug jar blocks. Only Fran, Kathy M., and Kathy O. tried it out. They all donated their blocks to the library to display during Summer Reading Club where the theme is "Get the reading bug." Thank you to each of you from the library. Saturday the Junior Nimblefingers are going to meet and they will be making bug jars which is why I wanted to teach the ladies. Also today, several people brought in forest dreams blocks. We still need a lot more so keep 'em coming! Betsey took home another of our quilt tops to iron. Next week we'll sandwich it together so we can start quilting. Winnie asked for help binding her 6-hr. quilt. Tina asked if sometime in the future I could demonstrate snippets quilts. I will start making plans for that. Also, I talked to the owner of the Trumpet Hill yarn shop about having someone come to Nimblefingers some Tuesday to show off some of the new, fancy yarns, books, projects, etc. Hopefully that will work out. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: