Friday, March 21, 2008

Nimblefingers was cancelled last Tuesday on account of a broken boiler. Well, it's Friday afternoon now and the library is still cold but we toil on with sweaters and coats. Things should be back to normal on Tuesday so that we can meet again. I was on vacation this week visiting my mother in Texas. Of course, one of the highlights of my trip is a stop at Creations of Kerrville (http://www.creations-online.com/) to buy fabric. I found two really cute childrens panels--I've already turned one into a small quilt. I also bought all of the ingredients for a bag made from Kaffe Fassett (http://www.kaffefassett.com/) prints. While in Texas I also enjoyed watching my younger sister make a psychedelic snake quilt and was given a show and tell of my older sister's knitting projects. She is a new great grandmother now and so has a new baby to knit for. The weather was great--in the 70's so I did some walking and enjoying the sunshine but now am back in New York ready to get back to work, finish some projects already begun and start some new ones. See you next Tuesday!

No comments: