Tuesday, September 23, 2008

14 ladies attended today. Tina was back from camp and joined us today. We're still waiting for Kathy O. to return. Pat H. brought in a cherry cobbler and Daryl a chocolate cake with pumpkin cream cheese frosting. Yum! Yum! I worked on our quilt for a friend--machine quilting. I was using our brother machine, with walking foot and with the pre-wound bobbins that Marie had given us and guess what? Everything worked! Hooray! I hadn't tried any of those things before so it's nice to know things work the way you want. Daryl brought in two lap quilts to tie for her service project. Winnie was working on a quilt for her sister in Alaska. I heard some talk around the table about traveling: the places people had been, the things they had tried. It sounded interesting but I did hear: "I'd like to try that but my husband would never do that!" Husbands...what do you do with them! Fran is going to be leaving for China soon. I'm not sure if anyone else has any trips planned. I know I don't. The highlight of the afternoon was when Jean Kallop came in. We had made a quilt for her and her husband and have been waiting to give it to her. So we were very happy to present her with our quilt. She was happy to receive it--this is one she can keep and use. Most of her quilts she has to give away. I'll put in the picture soon.

No comments: