Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We had 16 ladies attend yesterday. Ethel brought in her finished and framed crossk-stitch samplers she made commemorating her daughters marriage and her granddaughters birth. Both were beautiful. Good job Ethel! I had told her that I had thought of joining the Embroidery guild but felt somewhat intimidated after seeing their gorgeous work in the display case so Ethel brought in her second crewel piece to show me that not everything people did were difficult. Sandie and Fran were back this week. Both were out with the flu. This is a bad year for the flu if you didn't get a flu shot. Fortunately, everyone else seems pretty healthy. Tina brought in another chicken quilt top. She has made copies of pictures in books of Gwen Marstons' chickens and made her own versions. They are so cute! Mary Ann was also back this week. We haven't seen her for awhile but her work situation changed so now she can come to Nimblefingers again. I volunteered to teach the Village Quilter a simple pineapple block that I learned in a workshop using a book by Karin Hellaby. I haven't been able to find time at home to make sure that I remember how to do it so I set up the sewing machine and tried it out on some fabric we had in our stash. Once I was sure I could do it, I demonstrated it to the group. They were quite pleased because it is very simple. We'll see if anyone shows up next week with finished simple pineapple blocks. We also learned yesterday that Agnes is back from her trip but has come down with shingles! So far they don't hurt so I hope it stays that way. That's certainly no way to start the new year!

No comments: