Wednesday, November 18, 2009

13 ladies attended today. Unfortunately I had another meeting to attend so I was there to say hello then came back to say goodbye so I don't know what happened during the meeting. I do know Deb brought in some pumpkin pie: my favorite! There was even a little left for me to sample. Marie brought in some old books of patterns she had collected at some point. She and I had been talking about Ruby McKim the week before so she wanted to show me these books which came out at about the same time as Ruby McKim. This woman, also a Ruby, came from Arkansas (R.McK was from Kansas City). I quickly looked through the books. I have a quilt at home made by a woman in Louisiana probably in the 40's or 50's. It was suggested to me by a quilt expert that the pattern was probably one published in the newspaper at the time. I didn't see this pattern in Marie's books though. Nice try though. Tina was back after being off sick for a few weeks. And Kathy O. informed me that the method of finger knitting that Ethel had taught me was actually better than the finger knitting that her granddaughter had taught her. Pat brought in some give-aways. I took some even though I'm trying to get rid of stuff too. Oh well.

No comments: