Thursday, October 18, 2012

Last Tuesday 20 ladies attended. I brought in my finished table runner top to show. I gave the ladies a challenge to make this table runner. It turned out to be a somewhat difficult pattern and as a result my ladies were suggesting that I would never make it. I had to prove them wrong. If I'm going to challenge them to  make it then I really have to make it too. Cathy M. is in the Tuesday morning Altamont group. In that group they had a challenge to all make the same bag so Cathy brought in her bag. It was very nice. I don't know it that group will have a quilt show so I don't know if they will ever display their bags in all different colors and fabrics. That's fun to see: the variety you can have with just one pattern. Linda B., a new member, brought in a finished wool pillow. It had an ear of corn with leaves. The corn was french knots made with a chenille yarn and looked just like corn! The pillow was beautiful. I hope she'll put it in our show in February. Daryl was back this week from Cape Cod and Jean K. was in today but is leaving this week for the winter. Goodbye Jean and have a nice winter!

No comments: