Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I missed writing in the blog last week. We had a big crowd--about 19 ladies. Joyce brought in her finished red, white and blue quilt. She purchased the fabric at the Joyful Quilter when the Village Quilters helped on the Quilted in Honor show. The pattern was on the Quilted in Honor website. Her daughter-in-law did the quilting on her long arm.
This week Diane brought in her turkey table runner and quilt but the batteries in my camera were dead so I couldn't take a picture. Maybe I'll see if she could bring them again next week. Today we only had 14 people. It seemed small in comparison. Linda came in towards the end. We haven't seen her for awhile since she's been feeding the Knox seniors. She's going to start doing some string art and macrame so she says we'll have some variety in the 2017 Feb. quilt show. That's nice. I like variety. So today I was sewing the binding on a lap quilt I'm hoping the the Friends of the library will raffle off. Diane was making yo-yo's which she hopes to turn into a table runner. Another bit of variety for our show. Rose was working on a round robin quilt. She and 3 of her cousins, all quilters and one of whom is Darlene, are doing this round robin. The one Rose was working on was really nice (where's my camera when I need it!) She and Darlene showed me pictures of the other beginning blocks in the round robin. They made some very decorative blocks. They should all end up with beautiful quilts. Pat L. says we should do a round robin too. I'll have to start thinking about that and figure out how to time it. Rose told me a nice story about her cousins. Rose lived in Schenectady before moving to Albany. She belonged to Q.U.I.L.T.S. So did her cousin Darlene. At one meeting Rose heard a voice that sounded familiar. She followed it and it turned out to be Darlene who she hadn't seen for a long time. They got together occasionally after that but now, with Nimblefingers, they see each other every week. I think that's a great story and I'm so glad that Nimblefingers can play a part in bringing them together. Family is so important. And when you share a common interest like quilting it's wonderful to be able to do it together. They both regret not getting together sooner with their other quilting cousins to share their love. Since my family is all on the other side of the Mississippi River I'm always envious of those who have family right here or nearby. So, for those of you with family nearby, see them often. Enjoy being together. Share your interests, feelings, thoughts, etc. Life is fleeting so take advantage of the time you have.

No comments: