Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Today we had 12 ladies attending. Kristin Lauster, one of the original Nimblefingers, made a return appearance today. She plans to come back again so welcome back Kristin! She is working on a paper-pieceing (although she is using plastic) grandmother's flower garden. It will be beautiful when finished but my, what a project! Everyone said I had to look at Marie's crochet project but somehow I missed it. I hope she'll bring it back so I can finally see it. Cathy M. brought in a camp quilt ready to be tied so Cathy, Fran, Jackson (a junior Nimblefinger) and myself tied it. It's in very pretty pinks and greens and will be a beautiful girls quilt. Then Jackson and I pulled out a cheater cloth so that we can put together another camp quilt. The top should be finished next week so I'll have to be on the lookout for a backing. Ethel brought in the issue of the Enterprise which has a feature story on her daughter who is walking across the country to earn money for the homeless. She is very ambitious but I wish her well. We also got a visit from Linda Crannell who filled us in on her life without her beloved Nana (Betty Smith). We all miss Betty but for Linda it's been a real change of life. She seems to be doing just fine though. The family is busy planning a Betty party which they are having in lieu of a funeral, at Betty's request. We'll look forward to that.

1 comment:

Margot said...

What a wonderful idea... a Betty party. Bet she would say Right On! Best to you, Julie, & all Nimblefingers.