Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Today there were 15 ladies attending, 2 of which were Jr. Nimblefingers. Jackson finished sewing a quilt for the hospice kids, then we sandwiched it and started tying it. Pat O'R let us use her basting gun to baste the 3 layers together. She had brought it in to baste a pretty little quilt she had made. The basting gun is much quicker than using safety pins. I've never used one before so now I might just have to get one for myself. Betsey H. sent in a quilt from New Jersey. It was finished except for the tying. We made quick work of that and it now has a place on the wall. So far we have about 14 quilts finished. I think that's pretty good considering our regular attendance is only around 15. Winnie was working on a hidden 9-patch piece with some help from Agnes. Marguerite pulled out our raffle quilt and added some more quilting stitches. Gail S., the director who is just back from an ALA meeting in Chicago, reported that she met a woman from Pennsylvania who had heard of the Nimblefingers group. I guess we have quite a reputation! I'm eager to ask Gail more about this. There were a lot of conversations around the table. Jackson and I listened to a discussion of the Harry Potter books. Jackson says I need to finish reading the whole series: that the 7th book is the best. Then there was more discussion about Michael Jackson. I think the consensus is that when he's on the TV, everyone is changing the channel. We've heard enough about Michael Jackson already. Then there was talk about catching mice, bats and other critters. You never know what you'll hear around our Nimblefingers table!

No comments: