Tuesday, May 08, 2012

25 ladies attended today. We were a large and noisy group. Linda O sat up a table for flower making with Sue R. at another table sewing flowers on the machine. Fran had a finished wool applique pillow. It is very cute. Hopefully it will be in our show in February. Winnie and Agnes were working on their wool applique doorknob hangers. They are making them for the methodist church bazaar. The hangers are so cute--I hope they put a big enough price on them because a lot of work goes into the making. The cooks were busy this morning: Deb brought in a lemon cake, Jo-Ann a pineapple upside down cake and Daryl a carrot cake. Last weekend Fran, Jo-Ann and I all went on the bus to the Somers, NY quilt show. I brought in my purchases to show. It's the first time I've been to the Somers show though I've heard about it for years. I was surprised because the show wasn't all that big but they had 30 vendors there. I know I spent more time with the vendors than I did looking at quilts. I did try to restrain myself with the buying because the shop hop is just around the corner and I'm going to do it again this year. So instead of buying any of the books I saw at the show, I came home, checked to see if they are available in the library system and put requests on them. I'll see how much I like them before spending the money.

No comments: