Wednesday, April 11, 2012

23 people attended on Tuesday. The big surprise of the day was Skip and Sharon (Sharon used to come to Nimblefingers), who are moving to Florida, bringing in a load of quilting supplies, including a quilt frame! Free stuff brings out the viciousness of the ladies: they pounce like a pack of vultures! I'm just glad no one got hurt! Next week we hope to divvy up some of the batting and I'll be looking for a home for the frame. I think I'm going to have to come up with a plan for when they bring in their fabric. I want to make sure everyone gets a chance at it plus I want to save some for our stash here. I'm thinking about it... The other highlight of the afternoon was Marguerite's quilt which she finished quilting this year. It is a variation of the Star Fling pattern. It is quite beautiful! I also brought in a table runner of a Kaffe Fassett pattern in Kaffe Fassett fabric. It's for a challenge in another group and the pattern came from the book: Skinny Quilts & Table Runners From Today's Top Designers. I suggested that we pick a simple pattern from this book and that we each make the pattern in our own fabrics, with our own embellishments. We're going to try it and see how it goes.

No comments: