Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today we had 19 ladies. I decided to try something different today. I've been collecting little "prizes" for the last year so today we played bingo for prizes. Everyone got at least one prize; some people got several. It made for a very quiet meeting though! I'm not used to that--we are usually quite noisy! I made chocolate covered strawberries, Kathy O. made a delicious apple cake and some of the other ladies brought in candy and cookies. It was Valentine's day plus 2 of the ladies have had birthdays recently so it was a special day. Kathy O. brought in a flannel scrap baby quilt she made. Agnes had a cheater cloth baby quilt she had made. Diane C. brought in her finished and framed cross-stitch that she has been working on. It is absolutely beautiful! Makes me wonder if I should pull out my cross-stitch again. Since we played bingo we didn't have much time to spend on our projects. I think the knitters got in a few stitches but many of us stayed busy eating the goodies. These are more pictures from the open house. The quilt is the beautiful one the ladies made for me and of which I am very proud. The others are teachers Jo-Anne and Kathy O. hard at work.

No comments: