Tuesday, February 17, 2009

15 ladies attended today. Marguerite brought in her finished quilt. She didn't finish it in time to hang in this year's show so I hope she puts it in next year's show. She does all hand piecing and hand quilting and is about the only person I know who does that anymore so her quilts are a particular treasure. I got out the mile-a-minute quilt so Cathy Y. and I could pin it together. First we had to piece some batting scraps together though and sew the backing. But we got it pinned so in a few weeks I want to have the group practice machine quilting using the walking foot on our Brother sewing machines. Agnes and Pat H. worked on tying Pat's hidden 9-patch prayer quilt. Kathy O. brought in her sister from Elmira for a visit. Kathy had also promised to give Daryl personal instruction on the hidden 9-patch. We will be taking down the quilt show next week. Then on Feb. 10th we will have a potluck lunch.

No comments: