Tuesday, October 30, 2007


20 ladies attended today. Daryl brought some heavenly zucchini cake and Pat brought some yummy pumpkin bread so we ate well! Kathy Olsen brought in our raffle quilt completely finished! She even put on the binding! Thank you Kathy! I'll bring in a nametag to sew on and we'll be all set to give it to the Friends of the Library to raffle. Today we pulled out a quilt top I had made to donate to our lap quilt cause and made a sandwich of it. I guess we'll have to discuss whether we want to tie it or machine quilt it. Now that we have the sewing machines that might actually be quicker. I had made this quilt in an untitled pattern which is great for using up your scraps so I demonstrated how it is made. Maybe we'll make one after we finish the mile-a-minute quilt that is still in progress. Pat Boyagian, one of our newcomers, brought in some great kids quilts she had made out of heavy, fancy knits. They were very heavy, very colorful and I'm sure are very warm and cozy for her kids. Daryl and Betsy also brought in kids quilts they had made for show-and-share. Today Cathy Y. and Jean K. both brought in freebies--fabric and patterns. And finally, I'm looking for plastic tri-glide belt buckles for a project for the junior Nimblefingers. I'll take any donations! Don't forget, this Sunday afternoon Lori Lupe Pelish will be here at the library showing and talking about her hooked rugs. 1:30 to 3:30--free! Her quilts are to die for so I can't wait to see her rugs!

No comments: