Tuesday, September 04, 2007






I've been away for a couple of weeks. I went to visit my mom in Texas 2 weeks ago. Had a good time and taught my sister to make a 4-patch posie quilt. Then got stuck in airport delay limbo for 31 hrs.! Took the train home for the last leg of my journey. Then was sick as a dog (with laryngitis) for a week after that. But I'm back now. Last week 13 ladies attended but this week we had a special day--Betty Smith's 98th birthday--so 28 people attended today. We had made blocks (some of them personalized) for Betty which she could put together. Daryl made a birthday cake, lots of cards, some misc. gifts and the special attendance of many of Betty's family--3 granddaughters, 1 great-granddaughter, and her son. Betty left with arms full and a smile on her face. I think she had a good time. The rest of us had a good time too. Next Saturday is the Altamont quilt show in the park. Some of us are going to meet at the library at 12:30 and drive over together. Anyone wanting to join us is welcome. It should be a nice show.

No comments: