Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Whew! What a day! We had 15 ladies and 12 kids today. Sue Reilly, Betty King, Betty Smith, Marguerite, and Cathy Maikoff all helped the kids work on their sewing boxes or pillowcases. Only 1 girl, I think, didn't have an opportunity to work on the sewing machine but she was making great progress on her sewing box. Except for the 1 girl, all of the other kids are starting or have started their pillowcase. We're going to end up with a bunch of great pillowcases! I asked Daryl if she could bring in some upholstery samples for the kids to use in the next project. We'll be making a clutch bag which I am going to have to go home and start practicing on so that I can write up a pattern. That's where I'll be this weekend--in my sewing room! Again, I don't know what the talk at the adult table was as I was working up a sweat with the kids. I think next week I'll draft more help so that I can spend some time with my ladies.

No comments: