Monday, July 24, 2006

This is just a note to let you know what’s going on in Nimblefingers this summer.

Last week I taught some of you to make my current favorite block, “Star fling.” We will continue working on those this week. I also brought in my shortcut instructions I had prepared for the Village Quilters quilt show. If you would like help making those simple blocks I will be available for help anytime.

Next week Louise Claflin will begin teaching us to appliqué. Louise is a fabulous appliqué-r: if you’ve seen any of her work you know what I mean. She will help us to make a table runner. This will probably take several weeks to finish but you will end up with a beautiful table runner! If everyone could bring in some of the proper colored fabrics we could all share—just in case we don’t all have the right colors. I will pass out the instructions and supply list tomorrow (7/25/06).

Finally, Nimblefingers has a blog! (an online newsletter). Go to the Voorheesville Public Library homepage, http://www.voorheesvillelibrary.org/ click on Adult Services, then click on Nimblefingers News and there you are! Or you can go directly to the blog at http://nimblefingersnews.blogspot.com/. Here you can find out what went on at each meeting in case you missed one. I hope you will take a look at it and leave me some messages. Thanks go to librarian Judie Harren and Lesa Clarke for making our blog look so professional. I think it will be a fun thing to look at and I hope you will too!

No comments: